To submit samples and ensure the smooth and speedy completion of your project, follow the 6 steps below. Please note that skipping a step will lead to a delay in your project and an increase in turnaround time.
Obtain a quote
- Email us your project details i.e. sample number, species, sequencing depth, analysis type etc.
- If you are unsure please provide as much information as you can and we will take it from there.
- If you are sending samples from overseas please provide detailed information on the sample so that we can assess quarantine status.
Check that you have enough sample
- Refer to your quote for the amount, concentration and volume required for the service.
- Check that your samples meet the general sample requirements listed below.
- Samples should be intact and not degraded.
- Samples should be clean, 260:280 and 260:230 ratios >1.8.
- RNA samples must be free of genomic DNA contamination.
- DNA samples must be free of RNA contamination.
- Refer to your quote for specific submission instructions e.g. resuspension buffer, plate layout etc.
- Issues with quantity or quality? Please contact us for advice.
Accept our quote
- Email us a copy of your Purchase Order (PO). PO's should be raised to UNSW (ABN 57 195 873 179).
- Paying by credit card? Request an invoice and pay in full before sample submission.
- From UNSW? Complete a Confirmation of Budget form and provide your UNSW project code at the time of online submission.
- Please ensure you ship your samples to us within 30 days of accepting our quote.
Submit your order online
- New customer? Sign up for an account and read our guide to online sample submission.
- Returning customer? Login to your account to submit your samples.
- To avoid upload errors download a new copy of the submission form each time you submit.
- Please ensure that you select the correct submission form for the service you require.
- By completing an online submission you are agreeing to our standard service terms.
Prepare your samples
- Ensure you refer to your quote for project specific submission instructions.
- Label tubes/plates with the unique ID issued during online submission (step 4 above).
- Plates must also be labelled with your container name e.g. plate 1, 2, 3.
- Projects with less than 10 samples can be submitted in 1.5 ml tubes, unless otherwise specified.
Do not use screw cap or strip tubes, or seal tubes with parafilm, foil or tape.
- Projects with 10 or more samples must be submitted in 96-well PCR plates, unless otherwise specified.
Make sure that plates are well sealed and that the seal adheres during shipping conditions i.e. on dry ice.
- If the project requires multiple runs/plates, randomise your samples.
Packing and shipping
- Our recommended couriers are World Courier and PDP Couriers.
- Place tubes/plates in a plastic bag and wrap in bubble wrap.
- If shipping on dry ice use granular dry ice not dry ice blocks and include enough dry ice to last for two days.
- Include a printed copy of the electronic submission form with the package.
- Notify us by email when your samples have been shipped and provide us with an approximate delivery date.
- If you are shipping from overseas contact us to obtain a copy of our import permit. A new permit must be requested each time you ship.
In Person Drop off