To submit samples and ensure the smooth and speedy completion of your project, follow the 6 steps below. Please note that skipping a step will lead to a delay in your project and an increase in turnaround time.
Obtain a quote
- Email us your project details i.e. sample number, species, sequencing depth, analysis type etc.
- If you are unsure please provide as much information as you can and we will take it from there.
- If you are sending samples from overseas please provide detailed information on the sample so that we can assess quarantine status.
Check that you have enough sample
- Refer to your quote for the amount, concentration and volume required for the service.
- Check that your samples meet the general sample requirements listed below.
- Samples should be intact and not degraded.
- Samples should be clean, 260:280 >1.8 and 260:230 ratios >1.7.
- RNA samples must be free of genomic DNA contamination.
- DNA samples must be free of RNA contamination.
- Refer to your quote for specific submission instructions e.g. resuspension buffer, plate layout etc.
- Issues with quantity or quality? Please contact us for advice.
Accept our quote
- Email us a copy of your Purchase Order (PO). PO's should be raised to UNSW (ABN 57 195 873 179).
- Paying by credit card? Request an invoice and pay in full before sample submission.
- From UNSW? Complete a Confirmation of Budget form and provide your UNSW project code at the time of online submission.
- Please ensure you ship your samples to us within 30 days of accepting our quote.
Submit your order online
- New customer? Sign up for an account and read our guide to online sample submission.
- Returning customer? Login to your account to submit your samples.
- To avoid upload errors download a new copy of the submission form each time you submit.
- Please ensure that you select the correct submission form for the service you require.
- By completing an online submission you are agreeing to our standard service terms.
Prepare your samples
- Ensure you refer to your quote for project specific submission instructions.
- Label tubes/plates with the unique ID issued during online submission (step 4 above).
- Plates must also be labelled with your container name e.g. plate 1, 2, 3.
- Projects with less than 10 samples can be submitted in 1.5 ml tubes, unless otherwise specified.
- Do not use screw cap or strip tubes, or seal tubes with parafilm, foil or tape.
- Projects with 10 or more samples must be submitted in 96-well PCR plates, unless otherwise specified.
- Make sure that plates are well sealed and that the seal adheres during shipping conditions i.e. on dry ice.
- If the project requires multiple runs/plates, randomise your samples.
- We can accept dried samples, just remember to tell us on the submission form what volume to resuspend them in.
Packing and shipping
- Our recommended couriers are World Courier and PDP Couriers.
- Place tubes/plates in a plastic bag and wrap in bubble wrap.
- If shipping on dry ice use granular dry ice not dry ice blocks and include enough dry ice to last for two days.
- Include a printed copy of the electronic submission form with the package.
- Notify us by email when your samples have been shipped and provide us with an approximate delivery date.
- If you are shipping from overseas contact us to obtain a copy of our import permit. A new permit must be requested each time you ship.
In Person Drop off